Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Louvers could be put on Challengers without Vinyl tops. Here is a picture of the car I decribed in my above post minus the Sun Roof and Rubber Bumpers and a color changes.It is an original Louver no vinyl top car.

Also I know of only one Cuda that was built with both a rear window louver and a luggage rack. Chrysler states that this was not to be built, and I believe this was because the luggage rack would hit the louver.

Another example of what "could not" be done but was obviously built.

The car is not supposed to represent what you could have order from the dealership by checking of the options list but rather how Chrysler very well could have built a car with different year items/options with "left overs" from another model year into the next production run such as the Demon mentioned above.

One or two changover deals, sure. But whipping out the 71 Challeger option guide on top of a 1970 is a bit rediculous.

Just build a 71 Challenger R/T.

Quote:

Some R/T Challengers left the factory with T/A hoods as well. How odd is that?

That was an option. N94.

You should read all the dealer info available over at http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/library.shtml

I was refering to 1971 Challengers in regards to the N94 T/A hood. The option was available in 1970, but in 1971 it was not according to the link you provided. Only N96 shaker hood was an option. Supposedly 3 or so 1971 Challengers left the factory with N94 T/A hoods. I can not recall where I gathered that information but I will try to source it. Again this is odd, but not impossible considering the T/A was supposed to be an option in 1971 but was discontinued. Would be rare to find a 1971 Challenger with N94 T/A hood considering no T/A's were supposed to be built. What do you guys think? Anyone have any information that could clear this up?

Also, whats the deal with the fixed rear quarter glass?

Last edited by moparmat; 09/11/10 07:06 PM.