Quote:

I think I understand what you're thinking, but some of the things you're talking about aren't rare, they just simply didn't exist.

For example, the orange houndstooth interior wasn't around until 1971, and therefore not possible on an SE in 1970.

There were orange longitudinal stripes, but again, not until 1971. It's a neat idea, but I wouldn't combine options that weren't even possible, or for a different year.

For me, it would be all about the colors. With the V9* painted stripe, the possibilities for a 70 Challenger are almost endless. How about FE5 with a V9Y yellow stripe, and a red interior, or EB7 with a V9V orange stripe and black painted top?

The idea is to replicate bizarre assemblies or what could have been.

For example: Iggy's black on orange 1971 Dodge Demon 340. Built from the factor with a 1972 interior in a 1971 car. Even more interesting is the car has a T/A 340 block from the factory. The car features a few more '72 model parts.

Bizarre car's such as this do exist. Im not building a concours restored car. I am trying to display some of the unique assemblies that could have left Chrysler assembley lines.

If Iggy's Demon could be built with a next year '72 interior, why couldnt a '70 Challenger have a '71 interior or '71 stripes?

Chrysler assembled alot of unique bizarre cars with parts from the year previous or the next with odd options, ect.

There is a quote I read from the article about Iggy's Demon. It reads "Never-say-never when it comes to something Chrysler couldn't have built"

Think of Iggy's car in regards to what I am trying to replicate.

Putting different year interior options in a car that is only less than a year apart is not that far fetched as it sounds. The Demon proves that. And as far as I am concerned, that Demon IS A RARE car because of its unique one of a kind items. You deffinately will not find another one like it.

I am sure there are many more unique cars such as Iggy's Demon that I am not aware of as I am only 23 years old. I am just a young buck still wet behind the ears! But I love these kinds of Mopars! I dont have the money to buy a Hemi Challenger and if I did I sure would not alter it in any way. So if not a Hemi Challenger, why not build a car displaying what I love about Mopars the most being the unique options and bizarre combinations.

On an interesting note, the green floral Mod Top was meant to be available in 1970 but was not. What if it had been? Thats the idea behind my thinking.

I also want to build this car to hopefully one day compete in F.A.S.T!