Thanks guys!

I really want something rare and unique! Apparently gator is much more rare than the floral mod tops. How many orange 1970 Chally's have you seen with a gator top? How many green 1970 Chally's have you seen with the mod top? not to mention the interior options I would like to throw in.

According to the Mod Top Registry, Mopar was planning to produce Dodge models for 1970 with green floral mod tops. The gator grain was a 1970 option according to Legendary and Mod Top Registry.

http://www.mooresmopars.com/modmaterial.html

Scroll down to the green on the Mod Top Registry link.

(Closeup of the V1H section that was uncovered):

Thus, at one point, Ma MoPar was thinking about offering the V1H ModTop on the 1970 Challengers and Darts! Wonder what changed their minds? Could have been Extra Hemi Groovy!

Basically, if I wanted to be period correct for the make and model my only option would be the gator. BUT! WHAT IF MOPAR HAD THE OPTION FOR GREEN FLORAL IN 1970?! COOL.

I really like the gator. It has class with style and sophistication. The green says groovy sychadelic 70's. Its a toss up.

I like the vinyl decal idea to save weight! I doubt the gator would turn out well.

Also, I would like the interior to have the mod top inserts (floral). If I decided to go with the gator (brown) I would go with orange on black with orange plaid inserts similar to houndstooth!

So my 2 choices so far are as follows:

1. Period correct. - Orange on black with plaid orange inserts and brown gator top. Would it look like a Reese's peices bar?

2. What if? - Sassy grass green on black with green vinyl mod top and seat inserts.

A few other considerations were black on black with ??? mod top, Blue on blue with blue mod top, or go completely off the globe with a red creation of my own. Hmmmmm.... Maybe metallic red with black gator top? What would I do for the interior?

This car is being built to close but not exact f.a.s.t class rules. It deffinately wont be a show winning car with all the factory tags and markings but as close to stock appearing show room as my budget will allow.