Every thing you guys said about RonP is true. Drag racing and life in general could stand more good men like him.
Bill and Ted, I did about like normal.Fri night 4th round loser. Sat I broke out .001 in Pro, red lighted -.006 in sportsman (1/4 mile class) at 6 cars. I over came another flat tire sat.
I struggled sunday. I took the car out of the trailer, and broke the starter when I went to warm it up. ( Big thanks to Moparts member Johnny Pennington for the starter). Apparantly, while changing the starter we managed to kill one of the batteries. We couldn't keep them charged and had to be jumped off in the staging lanes 3 times. I had to forfit the 3rd round of sportsman(couldn't get the car started in time) and with so much going on I just missed the tree against a racer that you can't do that against in the 3rd round of Pro. We got behind the 8 ball early and could never recover. Missed all time trials, lined up 1st round and guessed.
Had a good time anyway and thanks to all the Mopar folks for the help and offers for help.
And also thanks to Johnny Pennington's dad for the fish and shrimp and fellowship sat night!
Davey Boyd, the shirts almost worked sat!
Thanks again everyone.
Brian Dunnigan