Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

it smoothed out the idle, makes for crisper acceleration,

I wanna try an E coil w & wo the HEI module to see which is making the most difference. What is the white "thermal paste"? It's gotta be better than the dielectric grease I was using and the small capsule that come w those modules has the white paste. I didn't have any probs but I'm paranoid about (ign) breakdowns and anything I can do ahead of time to better my odds...

Not sure what the white paste is made of, all I know is it helps to transfer the heat the heat sinc, so your module won't fry. As to which component is helping the most, I think its 50/50. The module is has better capabilities, especially in higher RPM's, and the coil fires hotter, so together...KABLAM

The white paste is a silicon compound that promotes heat transfer. It is also called heat sink compound or grease used in electronics for mounting high power transistors to heat sinks. Radio Shack stores have it. Look up 276-1372. I know of no difference between the white and clear compounds.
Craig

2014 Ram 1500 Laramie, 73 Cuda
Previous mopars: 62 Valiant, 65 Fury III, 68 Fury III, 72 Satellite, 74 Satellite, 89 Acclaim, 98 Caravan, 2003 Durango
Only previous Non-Mopar: Schwinn Tornado