I've already had LOTS of suspension mods done to my car over the last 16 years (since 1994). With those mods I've driven it 70,000 miles, daily commuted 80 mile through Los Angeles for 4 years, driving it from L.A. to Iowa and back 4 times, snow/salt/rain/sleet, been to 14 different states, autocrosses, and road course tracks days etc, etc.

My Cuda has had lots of combinations of tires, rims, shocks, swaybars. Like I've run no less than 4 different rims sizes, 4 tires sizes, 4 different brands of shocks (Herb Adams, Koni, KYB, QA1), 4 Swaybars (early stock, late stock, 1 1/8, 1 1/4). This is not the first suspension setup on my Cuda. Not hardly.

Well, I'm totally impressed at all the improvements that the Hotchkis TVS made that I added about a month ago. After all that fiddling around for 16 years this is hands down the best system and combination of parts. A game changer for me.

For all those 16 years, my car had .99" torsion bars. Those are 65% more spring rate than stock. It's a stiffer ride, but not like you might think. BUT the shocks didn't seem to control things. When I hit long dips or pavement separation the seat belt would pull me down and stuff like that.

Now with the TVS shocks and their system, I don't feel that.

The kicker is I just installed 1.14" torsion bars with the TVS system. !! Ok, those are BIG bars. Those are THREE TIMES stock rate and 57% more rate than the .99" t-bars. Those are way bigger than I would expect most to run on their car...

You know, with the TVS system the big T-bars are nicer riding than the smaller .99 T-bars. I was sort of shocked. With .99 bars it would be even better.

I really notice how good it tracks on long soft freeway/interstate curves. I've taken it hard on some tight freeway on ramps and it just bites and grips. Problem now I'm comming out of the seat on fast tight turn like that. I'm bracing my knee against the center console. I already have a decent side bolster seat, but I need bigger bolster and a 3 point seat belt.

It tracks really nice and stable up to 100 mph or so on the freeway. But I have a bad water pump bearing in this temporary motor so I'm taking it easy.

6141381-SFSF10Track13.jpg (224 downloads)
Last edited by autoxcuda; 08/15/10 08:18 PM.