Nearly got caught in the rain yesterday so I've decided maybe its time to attack my Wiper motor and figure out why it doesn't work. I have a bunch of questions before I get started.

How do I know if its a two speed motor or a three speed? I read the other day that a 3 speed switch won't work with a two speed motor and vice versa. I installed a 3 speed switch when I did the cluster a while back, because of all the ones I had laying around it looked the best. I didn't realize it mattered.

Or - is there some way to tell from looking at the switch plug on the harness that it's 2 or 3 speeds?

The wiper motor itself does not seem to have any plug-in connections. They are all hardwired from the harness. If I replace the motor, how do I connect it? Does this need to all be re-soldered up or will a replacement come with some kind of pre-wired connections that I'd patch into my harness?

Lastly - if I need a new motor where's the best place to buy one? I don't need anything that looks original, I just need it to work.

Thanks!