First off... Cool Posting !
What about the old drag strip located outside of Erie, Colorado ???
Last I knew the paved surfaces including the return road where still there and the land around it was still bare?. ( last time I seen it was in the 1990's)
I heard that it was used by the property owner as a private runway for his crop dusting plane..
I remember it was located just Northeast of the town of Erie,Colorado ( ie, Not near/at the airport there) But they called it the "Lyon's Dragstrip". Not to be confused with the other "Lyons dragstrip" in California....
I remember It was just south of the colorado speedway exit off of I-25, Like the next exit down from it's main interchange...
Very popular in the late 50's, 60's and early 70's and then I don't remember it after that..
I would like to see any pictures of it from back in the day.
My dad owned and raced a yellow 70' torino 429 cobra back then there.
Father in law owned and raced a red 66' chevelle 4 speed, super sport 396 ( the 375 hp version)
Both cars are still in our families, But no pictures off them at these tracks.

Another drag strip I remember was outside of Cheyenne, Wyoming that I actually raced at myself with my first demon 340.
I hear it now is just a part of a frontage road, Just off of Hwy 85 now, But still has a post standing that was used for lighting the track...
I remember it was south of the city across the hwy 85 from their oval dirt track..
Anyone got picks off that one too would be appreciated???
I do remember the drag strip down at Castle Rock, Colorado too that was already mentioned, But it was closed before I got to race there as I usually only went to bandimere or pueblo by then...
Anyways, Again I think this is a cool post and like hearing about the old tracks.
Keep them coming!!!
Grant Eaton 386-561-1181

6734636-IMG_0104.JPG (290 downloads)

Owner of Original collector and restored original mopars from Mr Norms Grand Spaulding Dodge.