In my opinion it would be worth a trip to Jake's dyno to see what happens just in case a spacer is a
small/hard to notice gain. If it picks up say 8hp it might be hard to notice at the track in a car like ours.

Quote:

Also, FWIW, I think Zippy, thru some dyno tuning, found his engine liked a 2" open?

Pretty good memory there

With a home ported 383 Street Dominator manifold, I tested a 1" 4 hole stacked on top of a 1" open. Both were plastic. Picked up 18HP with no other changes.

I then put a 2" open metal spacer on, with the 1" 4 hole spacer stacked on top. That picked up an additional 7 or 8HP. That was the max power combo...I thought 3" worth of spacers looked pretty silly, but whatever...and that was my last test on that dyno.....

Because of that I guessed the 383 Street Dominator was too small. Swapped on a Victor 383 intake, and I went to Jake's.

I then did almost the same test with the Victor.
A 1" open spacer picked up only 8HP over no spacer at all. 2" open spacer was no gain. 4 hole spacer was no gain. To me, that said the Victor was a better WOT match to the combo (but not at part throttle, a whole other deal).

Besides hurting hood clearance, plan on changing accelerator pump values once at the track.
On mine I make this situation even worse by leaving at idle most of the time. I had to go from 37 squirters to 43's to get a clean launch. You may pick up HP and not show anything at the track, or even run alot slower because of this.

I wouldn't predict Randy's combo to show similar gains to mine because he's starting with a much better manifold. Most 383 intakes (in general...not talking about indy or victor stuff) are a little too small for what I want to do but Randy's is fairly well matched already. It's one of those pieces where Randy and I can't fairly compare combos because mine is B and his is RB.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri