Quote:

My rails are 2x3 mounted with a 29 inch outside of rail to outside of rail demension. This gives me enough room for a 17 inch section width.
Like I said, that is less that optimum, and I would go 24 inch os to os next time to be able to run any tire I want. Fronts are an issue. I run a 25 inch tall tire, and that is all that will fit. I can't remember what fit well when the front was stock, but it wasn't very big! I can't remember if I had to trim the front lips of the fenders for stock suspension and the 25 inch tires or If I did that after the chassis upgrade.

Wow that's tight! With my mock up slicks 18.4" (spec, not actual) section width against the quarter panels, there is only 29 1/2 inches between them!

I measured 65" between quarters. 1 inch clearance each side of tire = 4

65 - (18.4 x 2) - 4 = 24.2 or 24 inch frame width
or 65 - (17 x 2) -4 = 27 or 26 inch frame width

I plan on using slightly narrower slicks 32 x 14 that will have between 16.5 to 17" section width depending on brand, but thought extra room would be nice encase I wanted to go faster down the road and needed more tire.

wedgie over on forabodiesonly stretched his front wheel openings to run a 28 inch front.