Quote:

Those are the real deal I worked on a factory A990 car and after seeing and installing a set of those you will never forget the look of them. Nice trade can the guy tell you where he got them.

The guy was into Chevys, but his dad apparently had a 64 Hemi car back in the day. His father passed away some time ago, and these were left hanging in the barn. Sorry, already checked, no other parts were there.

I picked them up because I have a friend building a car that was wanting the headers, so I was really just trying to get an idea what would be a fair price for them. His build is 64 Petty NASCAR replica with an original Petty Hemi motor. It is currently being assembled by Petty Garage Inc., with Richard himself watching over the build.

I did not get these "free" by any means, as I knew they have some value.

Just curious if these are truly 3 thousand dollar headers. After all, I have a car that needs completion as well and could use the money.

The pictures do not due justice to the condition of the headers. There is surface rust and it is obvious they are "used". But there are no dents or dings I have come to expect from a set of used headers. I have not sonic checked them to see how thin they are, but from the weight, I would say they still have many years of use left. I was thinking of having them send in for ceramic coating inside and out to help preserve them.

I have had some PM's about purchasing them, but of course everyone wants a deal so no confirmed prices have been offered.

Thanks,

Scott