ok internet has been down all day so now i can ck in.i am going to try to answer as many questions as i can remember. rad. was found to be plugged and full of rust when removed so i had it checked and they found it to be rotted so they recored it with a 3 row as it was from factory. block was boiled and shot peened and then cked over very closley for remaining rust block was full upon teardown. 2 freeze plugs were rusted out and it did not leak coolant beacuse it was so plugged up. compression is steady at about 180 cranking psi but rings are probley not completly seated yet only has about 50 to 60 miles on it removed fan and clutch assembly today and put the fan back on it that was there when i got it (7 blade direct drive only markings on it is a stamp that says 58??) ran it it ran cooler but it was also cooler out. cked next to sender with ir heat gun and only showed 182 degrees while gauge said 215. im going to remove heater core hose nipple and install a mechanical guage and see what it shows. it has a autometer electric guage in it now. have to work all weekend. wife is taking it to the church car show this weekend, after that i will start trying to figure this out. next on list after new guage is drill out thermostat for more flow i"ll keep you all posted thanks again for the help ozz