Quote:

Brian:

What you might want to do is put the six pack on it and try to establish a baseline "starting point". Then work backwards from there. Did they change the cam when the motor was gone through??

Give me a call at the shop. I will try to help you if I can. 973-267-4364.

MB

Mike ,
I am going to set the holley up so I can throw it on wednesday night. The six pack will go back on if it doesn't pick up here pretty soon..

The cam is the same, though I am beginning to wonder if it was installed at the same spot. The cranking compression is 245, when the motor was in the aar it was 215-220.

I think I might have found the smoking gun last night. It appears one of my mopar performance plug wires were not made the same as the rest, the rubber clips on the cap, but the metal terminal is about 1/2-3/4" from actually making contact with the cap terminal. The distributor cap terminal on the one plug is green, and has serious corrosion, you can see where the spark has been burning through the cap.... Number 2 spark plug looks brand new, wet, but not black like the rest of them.
I put a new cap, rotor, and set of firecores on it. Gonna leave the thermoquad, but bring the holley to try if it is still pig rich.

Work In Progress- 71' Duster F.A.S.T.- 10.36@130 Smallblock Record Holder.