Quote:

id definately have to have the guides cut for that cam. if i did that then id go ahead with 2.02 valves. thered be no reason not too...

yeah there is, you'd be spending another $150 for valves, you'd need new guides, or at least hone the existing ones out if you use SBC valves.

you could drop down to 1.5 chevy rockers if you're concerned about the lift, or if your mag heads need a valve job, just sink the valves .030 to get that little bit of installed height.

another option would be to look at bullet cams hydraulic roller profiles and have them regrind your stock magnum cam. it's $150+ round trip shipping. I went with their HR259/316 lobe for both intake and exhaust.

I'd see if they could fit the HR272/340 lobe on the regrind, or the HR274/325. either should work good with hughes #1110 springs. use the same lobe for intake and exhaust, the magnum heads, especially if you do a little port clean up, flow good enough on the exhaust you don't need a split pattern cam.

only downside with the 904 is the small converter hub. my comp XE262 cammed 360 cracked the hub in my 5th ave....

Last edited by patrick; 06/21/10 09:30 AM.

1976 Spinnaker White Plymouth Duster, /6 A833OD
1986 Silver/Twilight Blue Chrysler 5th Ave HotRod **SOLD!***
2011 Toxic Orange Dodge Charger R/T
2017 Grand Cherokee Overland
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude (holy crap, my daughter is driving)