Quote:

I know the guy who owns the Black Magic Road Runner now. He still races it most weekends at South Mountain/Quarter Aces dragway.

Jeff Doster owns the Black Magic Roadrunner. He painted our junior dragster in 1999. I knew John Boughers (sp?) the Virginian Gentleman when he had the 66 vette that he drove to the track and raced it. Mike Thomson (sp?) had the Bauman Duster (hemi/Lenco; he passed a way a few years ago). Steve Long still has his Mustang (different color) and races it at Capitol. Wiley Portee is teaching drivers ed to seniors in DC. Al Farnham (passed away) raced with Hubble in the 70's. Ron Hubble had a stash of mopars (hemi, 440+6) in the day; his son races a 340 Duster at Capitol Raceway and Ron has a junior dragster program for kids that want to rent one for a day. Russell Barefoot I believe is still racing at Mason Dixon. Rick Haulver's (sp?) original 440 Dart is caged, tubbed and running mid 9's now at Mason Dixon. Nathan Etzler is racing a dragster (remember the Sawdust car? A chopped, channeled, narrowed 70 cuda). Gene Barnhart's 64 Hemi Belvedere was awesome. Always loved Bob Harris' Bad Influence (67 Camaro, 454, Lenco). You are resurrecting some memories...

Last edited by Dads426; 01/26/09 10:52 PM.