Been a member on the board since high school when I drove my 68 Charger R/T pretty much daily(98/99) in nice weather, but mostly just a lurker in those days.

The Charger is in long term storage waiting for a garage to be built where it can be properly blown apart and done correctly.

In college I picked up a few fox body Mustangs, a Grand National, then an 02 SS Camaro then later a late model GTO. Don't get me wrong, they were all a hoot but they lacked the character I loved in the Charger.
So, off went the GTO and I kept my eyes peeled for a solid southern B-body, preferably a big block car, but nothing rare as I wanted something to do up as I liked without worry of chopping up/ruining something special.
Low and behold about 3 months ago I came across an ad here on Moparts for this 68 Coronet wagon in AZ. 383 2 barrel air car that looked pretty solid and largely wearing it's original paint(a huge plus!) and the eternally classic luggage rack was all there and in outstanding shape.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Emails and phone calls were exchanged, a deal struck and the car bought...then came the month wait for a transporter to get the car picked up...
But, finally, about 7 weeks ago the car made it on a truck and arrived in Iowa shortly thereafter.
Not much has happened since it's arrival with the car as my wife and I have bought a new house and been busy moving and doing all that fun stuff.
But, I have managed to get a big bore master installed which gave the car front brakes(always a plus!), picked up some HP manifolds to replace the badly leaking turd manifolds, swapped out the cop wheels for some 17" Stockton steelies with 315/35/17 BFG Drag Radials out back(not that it needs them). Also had a new driveshaft made, did some suspension work and converted it to electronic ignition.
Here's the car as it sits today:

Hoping to get the HP manifolds stuck on over the next couple of weeks, get the radiator boiled(weeping), and maybe stick a mild Hughes cam in it.
If my other Coronet would sell I'd pick up some 440Source heads to stick on it as well.

The paint and body will be remaining as they are, might tint the back windows.
Drivetrain - I'd like to build a 451 for it this winter to shelve the original motor/trans, but if that doesn't happen the stock 383 in it seems pretty sound - I imagine it'd respond well to the heads, cam and better manifolds.
Rear is howling pretty good so going to have to do something there in the next couple of weeks. Will probably have my spare centersection gone through and stick it in there for summer then have the suregrip piece checked out and re-install over winter.
If the 451 doesn't pan out this winter I may scrounge up the funds to stick a Keisler Tremec in it for Power Tour '11.

Suspension/brakes - Already has Wilwood front discs and stock rear drums and fresh front suspension so we're good there. The rear springs are sagging a bit so I might get them re-arched or replace em.

Interior - will need to stick new carpet and seat covers on it this winter. Going to stick an old Sun tach on the column and a couple real gauges in place of the ashtray this week.

Anyways, there you have it. I'll update this thread as I go about things going forward.
Look forward to hearing any comments/thoughts on where we're going with this.

68 Charger R/T - #'s matching car, 499/727/3.91