Don,I think you are on the right path. Dont sell yourself short. Your reaction times are getting consistent and that for many is a big hurdle. Once you can get and maintain that consistency you can do things mechanically to change those results.

I also think the logbook is going to show you things that you may not be seeing just looking at slips. Once you right it down, put it on the pages and start to digest the info you will undoubtedly find a pattern. I think you will be surprised what you find. Try to write down as much info as possible in there, I have found when bracket racing information is King, you can never have to much. I thank Moprbilly for that tidbit of knowledge.

As we discussed this past weekend a fat race car tends to be a happy and consistent racecar. Not always true but I think with a car like yours it will be the trend. I think especially in street cars or dual purpose rides it tends to work best. I think the results are showing that. Things to think about that you will not see with the instruments you have. Trans temp, and that can make a WORLD of difference in ET's. Things like oil temp are also something that affect consistency. One other thing to consider are the temp of the intake, and if you have a mechanical fuel pump maybe you are having issues once you put some run time on it. One last thing I cannot stress enough is weather data. Weather plays a huge role is consistency. Certain combinations dont like certain things. For example my car does not like a lot of humidity, if the humidity goes up my car will loose more ET than with any other single weather change.

To ehlp get a handle on it go here and check the weather against the slips you have.

http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density-alti...rect+ET+and+MPH

Collect that info and then write it down in your logbook and start crunching numbers. I think you are going to find a common denominator once you look hard enough. This is not rocket science, but sometimes it can seem like it is.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"