This year, I made an agreement with myself to chase points at our local track with the understanding that IF I did well enough, I would look into getting a real racecar and leave the Duster for tearing up the city streets..

Well, the last two raceing weekend I've encountered something I just cant figure out and am turning to you guys for wisdom and guidance..

The car drops a tenth for no explainable reason..

First, I'm hitting the tree with decent numbers, R/T times avg .02x and this is with foot braking. The 60' times are usually 1.62 or 1.63 and given the adjustments for weather, wind and DA, the car normally is predictable..

I look at the playback tach after each run, the launch and shift RPM's are all within reason yet when its time to advance to the next round, the car doesnt want to do it..

In April, the runs were as follows:
TT1 11.494
TT2 11.506
ER1 11.493 (11.48 dial-in)
ER2 11.580 (11.49 dial-in)

Yesterday
TT1 11.448
TT2 11.452
TT3 11.464 (headwind picked up)
ER1 11.560 (11.46 dial-in)

EDIT.. After reviewing the incrementals, the car is dropping off after the 330' mark..

Spending all the time, money and energy only to see my name slip further down in the points chase is getting frustrating and probably the worst thing about it is... I'm totally clueless whats going on..

Soooooooooo.. do any of you all have any words of wisdom or advice.. maybe even a pep talk to hang in there?

Last edited by Jeepmon; 06/01/10 11:53 AM.