Quote:

Quote:

I forgot to mention that the motor that is in my Duster now has a Comp Cams XE295 HL (hydraulic lifters) hydraulic cam and lifters, I have shifted it at 6000 and at 6900 RPM with almost no change in the time slip this past Saturday I did set the preload at 1/4 turn from zero play with harland Sharp 1.5 rockers I do set my valve spring tension up a little hgher than most, 150 to 160 lbs. on the seat and 360 to 375 lbs opened

I agree that there is no sense in spinning a motor higher than the output of the cam .On the other hand having it cutting up 40 or 50 ft from the end of the 1/8 at 5900 rpm couldnt be doing my ET much good .Im not trying to get it to rev higher persay ,im just trying to have enough rpm to get to the end of the track pulling the whole way.I think 6300 rpm would sure help if not cure the problem.I could change my gears ,but then it would proly take away from my 60 foot and the car is hooking great and consistant as is ,so i would like to leave that alone.I have never been much of an RPM junkie ,just trying to get what i can from what i have and get things tweaked as much as they can be ...

I have the exact same problem at the end of the 1/4.... about 150? from the stripe. Since this is a nice little street 440, I'm going taller tires instead of digging into the motor, until my race engine is back together.