that is why it is so upsetting to read the many posts on Moparts that the person posting is told....

"He is wrong"
"He doesn't know what he is talking about"
"I have never seen a car like that so none were ever made"
"Until you show me proof I will not believe you"

This is all Bull, there were so many variations back then and unless you pulled the parts and assembled the car yourself, you only have an assumption based on a BS or FT....
Granted there are some really knowledgeable people here on Moparts that have accumulated many years of pictures and documentations and have seen and examined many cars out there, they have findings that are worthy but not 100% accurate, really, unless they were there back then, bets are all off.....

I will give you an example:
I bought a 71 GTX from the original owner, he ordered the X and waited for it to be delivered. He has owned it all this time until I purchased it. When I purchased it we spent time talking about the car and and the history of what he did with it and the problems he had with it. He even kept the original factory installed tires and rims he removed when he installed the slotted mags on the X back in 71. When I bought the car he surprised me be putting them back on the car for me. Well the X is a 4sp so the carb listed for it should be 4967S, well it isn't, it is a 4968S, this is an Auto carb.
I have been called an idiot and I do not know what I am talking about by a so called expert here on Moparts, he said no way that carb was installed on your car, show me the documentation that it was installed..... Bullsh-it, to you and to all that think that way.....

I better stop and turn the rant off, step off the soapbox and have a cup of coffee..

71 GTX 4sp Dana GY9 HD Road King