Quote:

Here's a set that I did not port, these were done by a shop in GA. And Dwayne did the VJ and 30* back cut the valves. This is the set that is for sale on ebay right now. Owner is getting rid of them to get some INDY 360-1's for a 416, and I listed them for him after flowing them. I would consider these Stage 2 port work. The porter pushed the pushrod pinches hard enough to break through on 2 of them, and Dwayne sleeved them.

thats not exactly correct.

the place that did the head work originally must have had pretty poor/old tooling.
the valves had been refaced with a valve grinder with a worn out chuck, and the faces werent even close to being concentric with the stems.
this shop had also spent a fair amount of time doing some kind of re-profiling of the back side of the valve.
sort of like a back cut, but then blended into the seat/back of the valve.
the actual face was also very narrow.
the seat work wasnt all that great either, so i touched up the valve seats, and refaced the valves.....but i dont recall doing anything additional in the way of a back cut on top of what had been done previously(although it was a while ago, and i might have).

i guess i just wanted to point out that the valves in those heads arent exactly like what you'd get with a normal Ebrock valve with a standard back cut done to it.

68 Satellite, 383 with stock 906’s, 3550lbs, 11.18@123
Dealer for Comp Cams/Indy Heads