Quote:

I bought a B&M cooler with 3/8" barbed inlet and outlet:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BMM-70268/

I want to hook it up so that is goes trans>stock hard lines>radiator cooler>hose>B&M cooler>hose>stock hard lines>trans.

Where I'm having trouble is going out from the radiator to the cooler and back from the cooler to the stock hard lines.

Of course the fittings that come in the kit are all wrong. So far in my attempt to get the correct fittings, I've gone to two Napas, Fastenal, Lowes, Home Depot, two local speed shops, and a place that does nothing but plumbing for off-roaders.

I'm also willing to return the cooler and get one with different fittings and start all over if that will make it easier.

Should I order one with -6 AN inlets and outlets? Will that make it easier to adapt to my radiator output and/or stock hard lines?

I've come up with a solution that involves bypassing the radiator cooler but the directions say to go trans>radiator cooler>B&M cooler>trans.

Thanks for any advice and/or parts/parts numbers you can give me for suggestions.

Send that cooler back and get the one with the 3/8 pipe fittings, order 2 of the 3/8 pipe to #6 flare straight fittings and then contact Orme Brothers racing @ Ormebrothers.com and order 2 of the hardline adaptor fittings that connect transmission lines to braided hose lines. These are the correct fittings to do what you need to do without cutting the hard lines. Mount the cooler where you want, I recommend the drivers side of the radiator and order your braided hose and fittings to complete the job. I don't recommend running the lines thru the factory cooler as the heat of SoCal will warm up the fluid enough for normal operation. PM me if you need more info as I'm in the Riverside area and go to Oceanside quite a bit to visit family.