Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Count on taking it apart and going through it.. BGs reputation for bad QC is deserved (my carb was bought new a couple months ago, so the QC problems still exist).

Thats pretty amazing...I started hearing about their quality issues years ago, you would have thought they would have them under control by now.

Yeah, I would have thought so too. At least mine wasn't full of metal shavings as they used to be famous for. Perhaps they are getting better, at least washing the shavings out now, just not bothering to remove hanging metal slivers or drill holes completely.

I went through 2 Holley carbs (one 870 Street Avenger and one 3310 750). I'm pretty carb savvy, but I could not get either of these to work properly. I've always sworn by Holley's and I'm sure the HP carbs are excellent as are the double pumpers. I tried to find one in stock, but all anyone had was a BG speed Demon 750. I've heard so much about the problems with these carbs, but I was desperate.

I've got to admit, it does work awesome. I had to open the idle feed restrictor up a couple of thou to get rid of a lean surge at cruise speeds, but it is really responsive and has some nice features. Just my