Quote:

would it be less expensive to have a 440 crank offset ground to 3.89-91 w BBC journal size since i have a free one? whats the cost on doing that? anyone gone that route? dan

I have done that, hundreds of other Mopar racers have to back in the day before the cheaper stroker cranks came out. I have two 440 motors that I built in the last three years that used the 3.910 stroke, one was a forge steel 440 magnum crank that I had done in SO Ca five or six years ago. The other was a BRC race crank that had the same 3.91 stroke that I got on a deal from a crankshaft grinding company in SO CA The 440 offset grinding cost me 325.00 including having it heat treated (Nitrited)after the grinding That motor is in my car now, I used a set of 7.100 long BB Chevy H beam rods and a set of Diamond pistons in that motor, the other motor got a set of Eagle 7.100 long BB Chevy rods also and I used a set of KB forged pistons in that motor, it made 720 HP at 7000 RPM on a DTS engine dyno. It is a bracket race motor with a lot of good parts. Mine is a pump gas 6 pak street motor in a 1971 Duster that runs low elevens cork up on Oregon pump gas, it is for sell for the right price

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 04/30/10 03:36 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)