Quote:

So i ended up just popping the distributor out and i looked under the plate and realized one of the advance springs was missing! The remaining spring was the lighter of the factory installed springs. I ended up putting BOTH Mopar perf. Light springs in and stabbed the dist. back in where it was. I had no way to check timing but i did notice when i fired the motor up my rpms went from a previous 700rpm at idle to now 1k at idle,and a noticeabley smoother idle/power.

Here's a chart. I hear MSD make dialbacks act up. you could do a slight bit of math and mark the dampener exactly. .0632683" is 1 degree so 35.5 degrees would be 2.246 (2&1/4") and you could use your 2-3" micrometer and measure/cut strips of paper to use as a ruler & magic mark your dampener & you can mark 5 deg on the stock marks then move the dampener 5 degrees and mark it again & so on until you've got up to 35 40 btdc and checking for exact TDC with the ten dollar tool is a good idea as you cannot assume anything then use a non dialback light. EDIT forgot the chart

Last edited by RapidRobert; 04/28/10 01:04 AM.

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth