Quote:

When I start it, it idles high until I press the pedal, then it goes to a nice idle. Once I drive around for 20-30 minutes and come to a stop, it stops running. It restarts by pushing the pedal to the floor and holding it. Then I have to put it in neutral when I stop and give it some gas. I have the carb lean/rich setting on the line for the setting in between the two. I had it two notches rich, and a friend said to cut it back to even. Maybe I will advance it one notch to see what happens after I install the spacer.??

That adjustment you are refering to is the choke setting. It only affects cold starting. You have a problem after it is already warm. First when your car comes up to temp is your choke open all the way? If it is you need to set the 2 a/f screws in the front of carb for highest vacuum ready or highest smooth idle quality. If it does not then you need to work on why it isn't. If you still have a problem take it to someone that knows about that stuff. All the knowledge in the world on this sight can't help if you do not understand what they are talking about.

Last edited by JAKE68; 04/22/10 02:11 PM.

JAKES AUTOMOTIVE