Quote:

There seem to be a lot of folks complaining about bad connections,especially at the bulkhead, if you google Bill Evans wiring.

I bought my harness a year ago and had issues almost immediately with the connectors pulling out of the plastic plugs at the ballast...no problem, there...I just removed the plugs and used the metal connectors only. I also found that the wires at the coil were a tad too short, but I made it work OK.

But then i had issues where the car would shut down for no reason and I found two bad connections at the bulkhead....wires just pulled out...I soldered those in and sent an email to them, at which point they said send the harness back so they could go over it....But I figure I found my issue and decided to move on...didnt want to have the car dead in the water.

Well, now I am having the same issue again this season....contacted them and they told me to send it back for them to examine. On one hand, good support as far as looking at it a year later...on the other hand, have had issues from day one.

So for me the jury is out.

I purchased a new harness to avoid the issue of possible harness problems......so not real happy.

No idea how long it will take to get my harness back....but figured I best have the, go over the harness before looking for issues elsewhere and they agreed.

I sent it back via next day air after being told I shouldnt wait because they will be kneee deep in shows soon....then found out today that the main guy is out of town...so I wasted next day air fees.

same exact situation with my harness for my A12uperbee, my car wouldn't stay running.
thank God for VCODE who's a electrical guru.came over and found 2 bad connections on my evans harness. sent him a email and wanted it back. i told him that its brand new an send me out another and i'll send the bad one back. didn;t want to tie up my car for that long on a time period.
i never sent it back, fixed it and i am buying a yearone harness and no more sales to Evans.
poor customer service IMO.i'm tired of dealing with these small mom pop shops with no good return policies.