Hey Guys, I got some stuff done on the Doba over the weekend. I'm starting to Clean and Polish every piece of chrome/aluminum, so I started with the Rims since they are apparently rare.
Scuffed them with an SOS pad to clean them up, then I wet-sanded with 220 followed by 600,800,1000,then I moved to a Fine Steel Wool, Followed by an Ultra fine Steel wool. After the mild resurfacing I put some Mothers on it and hit it with the buffer and I was very happy with the result, not perfect but darn good for a 31 year old car from Illinois. I only Completed the front two this weekend but I'll be starting on the rears Tomorrow.Also Can someone photoshop for me a pic where the hood/front header panel(around the grill and head lights),fendertops/roof/trunk are blacked out? Thanks guys

What I pretty much started with,these arent the finished ones in the following pics but they are in similar condition to what I started with, one of the front ones was heavily pitted.

Masking

Shiny!

Finished Product.

They arent Perfect like I said but Im stoked about the results and cant wait to get goin on the other 2 rims.

Also Scored a free-bee Holley 4160 600 4bbl from a buddy I ordered a Renew kit I hope its the right one, My part # is LIST 9834, the holley site said for #'s 9834,9834-1,9834-2,9834-3, the renew kit is 37-720. Did I read the chart right?

The Doba waiting for its shoes back hahaha