Quote:

Quote:

along these same lines, I'm having trouble with my sending unit...are these tube style sending units with the floating foam inside the tube that moves a magnent up or down, reliable? my cell has taken on a bit of a "dip" shape to the top of the cell...is it likely that the dip in the top or the foam inside is causing problems? I pulled it out and moved it around manually and it seems to work ok, but I drop it back into the cell and it doesn't seem to work very well.

Today to test it out after "glueing" the magnet back to the foam with RTV (I let it cure for a few days outside the tank before putting it back together) it only dropped to 1/4 tank on the gauge when the tank was empty. added 10 gallons to a "16 gallon cell" that only ever took about 12 to fill up, and it only read 1/2 tank.

I am tired of having an inaccurate fuel gauge!!

has it always been that way?? did you test the sending unit with an ohmmeter?? the guage and sending unit could be ohm rated differently

i've also had to reattach the magnet..

yes it's always been this way, yes I tested the sender with an ohm meter, and yes it's the same range as the gauge. out of the cell, with the magnet re-attached, the float worked great as I flipped the sender upside down and right side up with an ohm meter on the terminals on top.

inside the truck, it just doesn't want to work! it acts like the float gets stuck inside the tube.

**Photobucket sucks**