Quote:

From what I've read about that blown HEMI,it's 13% underdriven with tiny holley 750's and 5 lbs of boost.Sounds more like a conservitive tune up.That combo could make upwards of 1400 hp with a pair of SV1 carbs and some overdrive.

1400 Horse ?? not in a million years. I love how people throw out these huge huge horsepower estimates for roots blower motors. it might make 1400 horsepower with a 1471 blower and alcohol. I have worked around big roots blower motors used in offshore powerboats for a long time. It takes those guys big inch, big cheif head, 1471 intercooled, dominators, race gas, and still not make 1400. I better get on the phone now and start telling those guys not to spend 50 K a motor to make 1100 horse, when all along it only takes a 426 hemi with an 871 and sv1's.

making 1400 for 1 hr is not like making 1400 for 8sec. at a time. you would just call it fake if some1 did make that much i think.do you realy think that 1400hp cant be made with a combo like his? i am not trying to cause trouble just debate a little.

Guess it depends on what the debate is. Could a 426 style hemi with an 871 thereotically be made to make that level of power for a short amount of time, maybe. Could that specific motor with its current blower, heads, cam, pistons, slap on a pulley and SV1's and make 1400 h.p. id say pretty much never. Just my opinion.

I have had this debate on here a few years ago when someone put an ad on ebay. It was an Old time 392 hemi with a 6-71. They claimed 1000 horsepower. I sent up the BS flag, and i was told i was crazy, it probably makes that power. I think sometimes people throw around numbers, but in reality don't know how much it really takes to make that power, especially at a level that is sustainable. Every blower motor car i see at the weed shows is 8 seconds and 1000 horsepower, but in reality most cant get out of their own way or probably never seen a day at the track. Not bashing blower guys, some guys get them to run. But my opinion is way too many strokes give them a bad rap for the guys that can get it done Just my bored at work thought of the day.

In God we trust, all others pay cash. www.lightnens.com (Home of the world's fastest Paint Job)