Quote:

If you can use a drill & a tap, you can fix it LOL

God I love MP race blocks...

I had one late last year I built for guy in FL. It did not get ran/dynoed here, just primed it on stand, crated it & shipped out....Primed fine, no problems with block..... I had not modified that area in any way, so was just right as machined from MP.... He put in his Dragster & fired it & found water mixing W/ oil almost immediately. He calls me & says what should I look for? I knew exactly where to look... told him pull filter & plate off & look close in that machined corner where the 2 drill bits meet & bet he finds a blown through pin hole there, sure enough, that's what it was. He did the NPT trick with little extra precaution since motor was already together, like shoving bearing grease up the oil passages to prevent shavings from getting where should'nt & works fine to this day.

The R3 in my SuperBee I was not so lucky, I found motor oil pouring out my freeze plug holes when priming it on stand with center feed water lines unhooked.... That one had vertical oil passage for 1/8" pressure gauge sender machined @ angle right into water jacket.... had to completely tear that one back down to bare block to fix it. It was 20 minutes from putting on dyno for fire up when found problem............ fun fun.

So how much time does it take to test the block for leaks. I mean with all the quality R3 being released by Mopar I think I will be getting you to do mine. Matt