I stumbled across your post and I'm here to tell you that when I was in the 10th grade me and a friend would hitch hike to Fenandina Florida every once and a while to the buccaneer drag strip.It was only about 60 miles from Brunswick Ga where we lived. We didn't get to go there very often but we both loved drag racing.One particular Sunday after we caught rides in about 4 different cars we were in Fernandina. We then caught a ride with a man who lived in fernandina and as luck would have it he was going to the drag strip. We were talking about the drags when he told us that a 1962 black plymouth was going to be there and that it had never been cut. I could not picture a bad plymouth because all I had ever seen that were bad were the 421 pontiacs the 406 fords and the 409 chevys. When we arrived it was the first time I'd ever seen a 413 plymouth. It was a cheap bodied 1962 plymouth automatic. When it made a pass down the strip I heard people calling him the reverend mr Black from Jacksonville. The best I remember he was turning high 13s. That same day there was a 409 biscayne from cocoa beach driven by a man named pat patterson. It was also a cheap bodied car but it was pulled behind a gold 409 Impala. Both cars were running bucrons and on the first run the mopar barely won. Pat Patterson borrowed a set of cheater slicks from another competitor and they staged for a second run. The crowd was going crazy . When they launched people were running out on the strip as they went by trying to get a good view of the winner. This time it was the 409 who edged the plymouth out.I will never forget that day.Those were the days my friend.It was all so good but we took it all for granted.The last time I went back to Fernandina I tried to find that old drag strip. I found it but it is an airport now.