First off, there was 96 cars in the big class, 74 in another and 56 in another. Those are just the heads up cars, not counting the index and open comp cars. So they were trying to get nearly 300 cars, up and down a cold racetrack. One round of qualifying took 3 hours to complete and that was assuming things went smooth. You can't turn those high HP cars loose on a cold track, once the sun goes down. As far as running them slow, it was an 1/8 mile race on a 1/4 mile track. Some were missing the turn and having to go to the end and some dropped the chutes and could not make the end. Also a couple oil downs. That did slow things up at times, but I still thought they did an excellent job, given the number of cars and the weather. The fact that they could not finish on Saturday was a direct result of car count and weather, NOT a poorly run event. I was there for 4 days and while at times there were too many people on the starting line, I never saw the ZOO or people dodging cars on the burnout as mentioned.

Monte