Quote:

Uhhhh...can I sprinkle in a little common sense?

Anyone ever run a stock'ish gear (3.23), and then put more gear in the car (4.56)?

Remember how much quicker the 4.56 gear was?...lol...

Sure, it'll peg the butt dyno, and back in the day when everyone had stock converters or a stick car a low gear picked the cars up, but this is 2010 and converters have come a LONG way.......I've done so much gear and converter testing/swapping trying to pick up ET it's crazy, and believe me when I say that with the right converter, gear ratio has very little effect on ET.......

Quote:

Also, loose converter with a gear like that will absolutely sucks for drivability on the street... (ever taken off from 2nd or 3rd on accident, it's terrible)

So why couldn't you do it? Oh you can, it will just be A LOT slower...

Again......that's just not the case............

Quote:

My question is this.. What would happen to my 60', 1/4 mile ET and MPH.. and lastly what would the freeway cruising rpm be if I was to convert to a 3.23 or higher gear?

It depends on how much torque the car makes, but I bet you'd be surprised.......Try it and post your results.......

I'm going to make a few different transmission videos and I'll also go into torque converters and stall and flash.........and I will take a car to the track and show how stock, a 3,800, and a 5,000+ stall converters compare, back to back......