Quote:

Quote:

I was thinking about making a trip up there this year to race? Now if IHRA will recognize my NHRA comp license I will come up but if not?

Do you think NHRA will recognize an IHRA license? Silly question...

But back to your question. It isn't the IHRA that decides if your local track has the "no box" or "footbrake" class or both. (call them what you will). The track decides if they will have a footbrake, non-electronics class or others. Call them.

At Maryland International Raceway (IHRA) we run Top ET (electronics, 12.99 and quicker) and Modified ET (footbrake, 9.00 and slower), Jr Dragster and motorcycle.

I hate the tracks that moved to "no-box" and no true footbrake class, or a slow car "sportsman". 9.00 footbrake is cool! If you run some electronics (trans brake), you should run them all. Footbrake, no transbrake, no two step, no air/electric shifters, drive the sucker! Just my opinion.

Silly question? I'm not towing one direction for 7 hours to find out that the track that has been NHRA is now Ihra and they won't recognize the license I hold. Unfortunately I don't have a trust fund to just piss money down the drain on a trip like that for nothing.