Quote:

Thats looks to me more like a favorites list.Really do you think a tech inspector is going to carry around a list of manufacters in their pocket and pull every dip stick and check it to the list? He may look to see if it is a locking dipstick.How about all the Honda's and toyota's? If its a rule for safety then they need to have a SFI number and date.(of course then it will triple in cost until you can find them on ebay from other countries)Until then my free locking dip stick from the junk yard is as good as any of the above.If you say it isn't approved then prove it.Non of the above have been tested and been approved SFI. Like people have said before. I have never had fluid come up the dipstick.Out the front vent and yes and I fixed that.Most everyone that is worried about this race's on a liminted base in a car that the center of gravity is so low that it would take a fork lift to fip it over and reach a blazing 120 mph if that in a quarter mile.
I'm all for safety, but locking dipstick? How about a diaper for the tailshaft? I have seen way more fluid on the track from that.How about a tube and catch can for the vent?I have already done that.Maybe I should shut up NHRA will see this and come up with more rules.

easy, easy! yer starting to sound like me!

for what is the good life if not doing things thoughtfully?