Quote:

While I havent done much looking into it, I am throwing around the idea of powdercoating my heads and block. Has anyone done this with iron? Is it ok to do? Looks like yours is altogether and you're probably not willing to do that. Just thought I would chuck the idea out there though.

Either way, finish-wise, I would suggest a very bright red candyish color that pops nicely when the light hits it. That way it matches the red of the ignition components you already have, still allows you to scope out any oil leaks, and will look badass.

I'm doing the red base, black and raw aluminum theme throughout on my 425 in a dakota that will be all "hotrod black" outside.

The intake, valve covers, waterpump housing, air grabber parts,,pullys, and much more is powdercoated on my motor..Take into consideration that things like bolts that will be torqued down will chip off the powdercoat easily..

5819058-muchsmaller.jpg (61 downloads)

1972 Road Runner / GTX 440 4spd Dana 3.54 Just about to turn 26K original miles..

A boat, a GMC truck, some Craftsman Tools, LOTS of Zombie Protection, and a few Goldfish..

If you love someone set them free..
If they come back it means nobody else wanted them either..!!