Quote:

saw this on another website .

I don't usually get involved in NHRA "political" discussions, but feel the points on this sign need a counterpoint:

1/4 MILE-LESS: We're also Scott Kallita-less. Where's that on their sign? I DO NOT agree with the choice of how to slow the fuel cars down (HELLO NHRA: Single mags and single pumps!!) but they reacted to a serious situation the quickest way they knew how. I have attended four National Events since the 1000' foot deal and I hear WAY more gripes about having to sit through the sportsman classes that are 1/4 mile. I understand tradition, but those guys beating on the traditional band wagon, shouldn't support their local 1/8 mile track either, right?

US SMOKELESS-LESS: THIS is what killed that deal: http://www.allbusiness.com/retail-trade/food-stores/4486530-1.html Guess what? That's the same reason we're WINSTON-LESS!

BUD-LESS: Don't blame NHRA. Blame the IDIOTS at InBev. ALL sponsorships have been reduced; the NASCAR program was cut 20%. They offered KB a deal, but it was quite a bit less than the current contract. While other guys are taking LESS from the sponsors to keep their "deals" and pulling the balance from their own pockets, KB wasn't going to do that. I used to be a AB vendor. InBev came to me and said they were reducing my rates about 15% across the board. My reply was...let's just say we're not doing business together anymore.

SNAKE-LESS. Now that's a darn shame. But see the US SMOKELESS-LESS paragraph. Did NHRA do all they could to help him? Probably not; they have their own issues. But for a company not to step up and back the Snake and a very marketable driver baffles me. Snake said it: He wanted enough to run a 1st class team and contend for the championship and it wasn't there. Tells me he probably was offered deals, but for far less than he's worth...can't blame him

MEMPHIS-LESS: The balance sheet of a NHRA (or ANY track for that matter) is up to the track, itself. They weren't making it on the balance sheet and it's toast. Just like ANY company. NHRA hosted a National Event there, how is their demise NHRA's fault?

NHRA doesn't care about that sign, those 2 morons PAID to get in!! THAT is clue-less!!

Last edited by cudadoug; 02/16/10 01:03 AM.