Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Anybody know of a zinc oil additive for a flat tappet cam. I would hate to drain all of the Quaker State Synthetic Oil I just put in.

I'd just like to point out that GM E.O.S is an engine assembly lube and not a motor oil additive as stated by GM.

did they change the formulation? because the bottles I had (old part number that they quit making a few years ago) said that you can use it as engine assembly lube, and as an oil additive for engine break in.

if it's ok to put in the oil on engine break in, why can't you put it in the oil at every oil change to save your cam from zinc-less modern oils?

I think they've "rebranded" it - it can perform the same functions as before (break-in and/or oil additive) but they can't promote it as an additive any more for the same reasons they've taken ZDDP out of oil, namely damaging catalysts.

That's not to say whether they did or didn't change the formulation at all, I don't know about that, but I do think that's the reason for not marketing it as an additive.