I finished up the new rear axle tonight and the brakes and got to bleeding. By the way, they are 4-piston Wilwoods in the front and 10x2.5" drums in the rear.

I got everything buttoned up and nice, and left the star adjuster wheels alone (the wheels spun without resistance). I started bleeding the rears in the normal fashion - farthest from the master first.

Got all of the rears done. There was some air in there, but not a ton, which is weird because I literally removed like 50% of the rear brake tubing and replaced it.

Then I got to the front brakes. Each caliper has four bleeders, so I bled all eight. All the brakes were bled and the master pots have fluid. At this point the pedal was acting weird. One pump would put it at the floor, but the second pump in quick succession would be rock-hard. Let the first pump go for about 5 seconds before the second pump, and it would be a soft pedal again. This seems to tell me the drum shoes weren't seated very close initially.

I know the trick in the FSM is to drive backwards and brake hard to seat the drum brake shoes, so I did for a while. Got the little spinny sounds over and over, but the pedal never seemed to get better. Still soft on the first pump, hard on the second. I am reasonably sure I got most of the air out of the system, but I can't be sure. Our pressure bleeder didn't work with the Wilwood Master Cylinder top.

Any other suggestions of what I can do to make the drums seat well? I thought that if I manually seated it tomorrow it might be fine, but not sure. Thanks in advance!