Quote:

Oh, goodie... more snow in the forecast.

It's snowing here now, haas been since 3pm. They cancelled my sons wrestling practice this afternoon, and school will probably be closed tomorrow too. Did you see that some of the counties around DC have already spent their snow removal budget, and we have more coming tonight and another storm coming this weekend? If meteorologists are scientists, then I have little faith in these scientists making these predictions about global warming, when we can't even identfy what the weather is actually going to be the next day.

I want both of my boys to be weather forecasters, and here is why: You never have to be correct, and people tune in to watch you and plan their entire lives around whatever you say. You can be completely wrong and you will stll have a job (well, maybe they should get into politics!).

For example in April they might say it is going to be mostly sunny and partly cloudy, with a high of 70 and a low of 40, with a 50% chance of some scattered showers in aftenoon and into the evening hours. What does that tell me? THEY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THE WEATHER IS GOING TO DO, but they have a 100% chance of knowing what it might do according to their high tech weather tracking equipment. So, basically, I am rolling the dice on whether or not to load up and drive 90 miles knowing that at some point in the day it might be sunny or it might be rainy. I go through this every single year with the Mopar meet at Mason Dixon and MIR.