Quote:

Quote:

Scamp, I'm still waiting for that global warming thing to start! Right now it's only 7 degrees outside and windy.

p.s. I just love pulling along the side of one those hybrid cars and dropping a gear letting them get a sniff of my race fuel!oh and the sound of a big block wide open.

I was born and raised in NY, not upstate, but the Southern Tier/Susquehanna region. I went to school in central NY near Syracuse, so I understand what you are going through! I bought a hybrid about a month ago simply for the fact that I needed another car, and I am saving about $75 a week in gas money that does not ultimately end up in the hands of people that hate me. I can ride the high occupancy vehicle lanes all by myself, whereas I could not in my truck unless I had at least 1 other passenger. Traffic in Northern VA is among the worst in the country and I commute 33 miles each way. The way I see it, the money I save in gas, I can blow on the racecar! I am converting to E85 for the racecar the next go round for the same obvious reasons many others are.

I agree, traffic in your area sucks! How come you can use the HOV lane with 1 person? Because of the hybrid?

Jim