Quote:

69 Coronet R/T here. I put the LED's in, they do not fan as well as the 1156s. Should I try the red ones?

They say to put the LEDs the same color as the lense but as you can see from my little show up above that the red LEDs just don't give off the correct amount of lumens. Thats why I opted for the 2x36 LED arrays, hooked in together. I know its nit picking but each incandescent burns 8w (about 12-14 for dual filament) PLUS all the heat that is emitted. I have a 100 amp alternator so I am not worried but eventually I want to install a sound system besides just the tape deck and 2 speakers that I have and I don't want the "flicker" effect from the bass. Each of the 36LED array's uses less than 1w. My entire back panel for tail/brake lights will use less than two stock bulbs.

Another one to upgrade is the trunk light (I want to put two in there, one on the left and one on the right). The center console lights which we have all seen make a nice black mark on the tan lenses is something I want to beat before it happens so those are going LED (less heat to melt the plastic lens). I want to slip two underhood lights hooked up to a microswitch so I can work on the car if need be (stuck on side of road at night...its happened)

Family owned 1969 Charger R/T DualQuad 440/727/GVO/3.55s