Quote:

Quote:

Once you get the carbs sorted out you'll wonder why everyone doesn't run one. I'll never go back to a regular manifold again.

Oh, but I couldn't agree more.

My wife's daily driver for years was a tunnel rammed 440 Cordoba LS. Work, groceries, you name it.

I worked in construction and for years had a 440 tunnel rammed work truck, everybody thought I was fibbin until I popped the hood, or floored the gas pedal....

My work truck had a 268 Comp Cam and a STOCK stall converter, it had more bottom end balls than could be believed, it would ROAST the back tires while towing a 1937 Plymouth on a car trailer, I know from experience.

I've had a ton of tunnel rammed 440 vehicles, never had a problem with them and I would truly be hesitant to run a single four barrel on a 400 again.

My Coupe was a 440 tunnel ram when I had it on the road, I drove it all over all the time, it was my only insured vehicle.

Lots of hood clearance too.

I know this is an old post, but I love it! I too would be skeptical if somebody told me that truck had a tunnel rammed 440 in it..... I like looking at reference resto hemis and what not as much as anybody, but it has gotten kinda old over the years when that's all you see. give me a story about this truck or the Cordoba anyday over the Hemi Cuda convertible.

I have never ran a tunnel ram, much because I figured it would be a huge headache to get them running right, but props to anybody with the balls to run a tunnel ram on a daily driver...Especially a work truck and a daily driver for the wife

reading through this thread has gotten me interested and almost(I said almost) makes me want to try to put one on my Swinger 340 as I get it done

Well like I said, thanks for all the info from all the guys who provided it about running a tunnel ram and setting them up. Very interesting read about real world Mopars that I wouldn't be afraid to drive for fear of having a nervous breakdown over getting a scratch.

Organized Labor: The people that brought you the weekend. If you can't grasp the meaning of the phrase "tongue in cheek", don't respond. 1970 H code Swinger, Top Banana 2012 Liberty Jet 4x4 True Blue Pearl