Quote:

"
See this is where I get into trouble explaining it. They say "Well if the pushrod is expanding and getting larger and the roller tip is expanding then the lash will become smaller(tighter) as the two metals "grow' towards one another as they expand!!!
Mike

Your not keeping in mind that the block, crankshaft, heads, piston, pushrods, lifters and every thing metal expands when heated up, BGR is saying that the different metals expand at different rates, alumlinum more than cast iron, steel less than cast iron. I will set the valves cold and then run the motor up to operating temps and drive it for ten or more minutes to make sure the complete motor is warmed up evenly.I then recheck the valve lash hot to see how much THAT motor has tighten up and correct as needed. If there is a lrge correction I try that process several times until the changes settle down to a consistent change and use that as the correction factor for that motor. I have one motor with Eddy RPM heads and a 400 block(cast iron) that changes .002 hot to cold That is setting it cold and rechecking it hot and again after letting it sit overnight and rechecking it cold the next morning I know, I have way to much time on my hands

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)