Well, neither Dick or Ted are interested ini posting directly on here, so I called Ted to get the story. I had to call Stewart P. to get his number, and Stewart thought the brake drums were wood, so maybe I confused his story with what Dick told me. I took some notes and will try to get it exactly per Ted. He had to make it short to take his wife to the doctor's office. I'll try back later to get the rest of the story.

Per Ted:

The car was his wife's car, a 6 cylinder 330, 1964 Dodge. They built the car in two weeks. It had the aluminum front end, NOT steel. He wasn't sure where the parts came from, but thought it was the DC warehouse.

Dick broke his car, and he met Dick at a race on the east coast. He sold the car after the finals, the engine went one way and the car another. He said the car was sold to someone in Dayton, Ohio, then the Rod Shop got it later and Dave Boertman drove it.

Ted said the fiberglass drums were on the D-Dart he had, and not on the Hemi car. He mentioned that Rick Johnson thought it was an original '64 Hemi car when he bought it because it had many of the original parts on it.

Floyd Lippencott IV