Quote:

Buy yourself some billet metering blocks so you can tune the carb. A Holley three circuit Dominator probably needs to have the intermediate circuit reduced by about 80% to run it on the street at part throttle. Get yourself a wide band setup so you know what your AF ratio is.

An 8896 is not designed to be a street carb. If you're going to try to run one on the street then you need to at least be prepared to completely retune the fuel circuits. You are trying to make that carb do something it wasn't designed to do.

What he said!
I struggled for what seemed like eternity with a massively rich off-idle condition in my 8896. I was working with a LM-1 unit and it was readiing as rich as 9:1.
Following some advice on the LM-1 forum, I purchased some Quickfuel (?) billet metering blocks. I simply installed them with a some fairly standard jetting (can't remember exactly what it was) and took it for a run to get a baseline for which to tune from. That was 6 months ago, the billet plates made so much differece that I haven't even bothered to go back and fine tune the carb.

I should add, the Quickfuel metering blocks came as a pair, with PV provision on the primary side and no provision for a PV on the secondary side.

Last edited by Damned67; 01/03/10 10:19 PM.