With 4.10's, Street Dominator intake, and the other stuff, you could run a healthy cam with a loose convertor, or a smaller cam w/ stock convertor.

If it were me, I'd think about one of those newer 9.5" convertors and pick the cam from the bottom part of the page.

The way I look at it, a person could take your basic chassis/gear/longblock, and either build a car that runs mid fourteens, or high twelves. The cam and convertor will be the biggest difference.

I know which way I'd go...

I'd also think hard about whether I really wanted to spend the money to switch over to stock HP exhaust manifolds, too. As opposed to a set of inexpensive headers, which would be a noticeable step up from them.

Also, might be worth a call to Dwayne Porter (aka Fast68Plymouth here on the board) to have him spec a cam EXACTLY for your combination. He's one of a number of guys who're real good at picking lobes to make that engine of yours fly. Especially if you really want to stick w/ iron manifolds.

Just my .02.

-Bill

Seduce the attractive, and charm the rest. ****** 489 C.I.D., roller cam, aftermarket heads, tunnel ram, stock '54 Dodge rear axle assembly: which of these doesn't belong?