Quote:

Ned help with my shock decision. My car is 1972 Dodge Charger with rebuilt 1990 360 motor. 9:1 stock or small upgrade cam. Davis HEI Ignition, Holley street avenger carb. Stiff suspension and ride with heavier springs, shocks, torsion and sway bars, 18" wheels, 45 series tires. Driven daily on street only, rough roads here in urban L.A. Currently have KYB's, 6 years old (50k miles).

Edlebrock shock look good with dual valving. Look for best street shock with performance for the junky streets here.

What do you guys think?

What diameter torsion bars do you have?

What are your exact tires sizes front and rear.

QA1's are expensive and may be overkill for what you have. How do you currently like your KYB's?

I driven the same streets as you in the LA basin since 1993 in my Barracuda. I have 1" T-bars that is about 10% stiffer than a B-body 1"bar and the A-body is lighter. My commute for a few years wasm 80 mile round trip from 10Fwy/LaCienega to Westlake Village.

Roads out here are pretty good for a metropolitan area. My brother lives in metro Boston. He's gotten a flat tire and bent steel rim on a Boston Pothole.