Quote:

OK, thanks for all the info, I am sure our fuel system will cover the 30% difference /increase in fuel flow, we have a Magna fuel pro 500 pump and regulator, -10 line, etc.

2 more questions, what do we start with as far as plug heat range's ??? NGK 7,8, or ???

We do have a vac pump on the car and will change the oil very very often, say every 5-6 passes, but has anyone seen any signs of premature wear or bearing failure do to the alcohol ??? Maybe thats a stupid question, but I dont know anything about this and for years we've ran C-12 and felt like we had a really good handle on things, never had any oiling issues and tried very hard to stay on top of everything. Now I feel like one small change and I'm kinda lost, thanks for all your help.....I am looking at a 1250 Rupert, but I think it might be a little too big for my 540 ???

you've got plenty of pump for sure.
As for plugs I like to run a cold plug but IMHO NGK -8 or -9 would work well for you. If you have room for a projected tip it is worth a few hp. I am running AR3932 in my alky carbed 555ci 1000hp. Rupert 1250 is a GREAT carb, I won first time out with mine. It may be too big for your combo though. I ran a Rupert 1050 on my 540ci and it rocked! Talk to George he will set you up right. You will not need to change oil that often once your setup is right. I change mine 20-30 passes. First freshen up at 300 runs showed no premature wear on any parts due to alky